Clinics, Awareness, Research, Education & Support
Leave a legacy. Remember NF in your estate planning.
Leave a Legacy for NF
In 2012, Frances and Irma Napolilli left NF Midwest a large sum in a charitable remainder trust. This gift allowed the foundation a scholarship program and the start of our patient navigator program to improve care. Imagine the legacy you can leave.
When you remember NF Midwest in your estate plans, you are providing NF Midwest the power to continue its work in years to come. If you’ve set up a plan to benefit NF Midwest, neurofibromatosis and schwannomatosis please let us know if you want us to recognize you in our Legacy Society.
Planned giving vehicles include:
- Wills & Bequests: Designate a specific amount of money, or a percentage of your estate to go to NF Midwest. This type of gift benefits your heirs by reducing the taxable size of your estate.
- Life Insurance: Name NF Midwest as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or donate an asset to NF Midwest and use the tax savings to purchase life insurance with a benefit for your heirs that’s equal to the amount of the donated asset.
- Appreciated Property: If you have stocks, bonds, real estate or other assets that have increased in value, it may make sense to donate them rather than sell them and pay capital gains taxes. Gift acceptance subject to NF Midwest review.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: A donation of property or money to NF Midwest that allows you to continue to use the property and/or receive income from it. You do not pay capital gains taxes on the donated assets and you receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the interest the trust earned. The charity receives the principal after a specified period of time, and the asset is removed from your estate, reducing subsequent estate taxes.
- Charitable Lead Trust: An asset is held in trust and NF Midwest receives regular income based on its value for your lifetime. The asset then passes back to your heirs.
Please provide your attorney with our proper name, address and Federal ID number as follows:
473 Dunham Rd, Suite 3
St. Charles, IL 60174
For more information contact us at (630) 945-3562 for detailed information and assistance in designing a gift plan that will best meet the specific needs of you and your family.
Get the Latest NF News & Updates
Sign up for our blog and always be up-to-date with Neurofibromatosis
The resources on this site should not be used as a substitute for professional medical care or advice on Neurofibromatosis. Users seeking information about a personal genetic disease, syndrome, or condition should consult with a qualified healthcare professional.