Simple Update and Positive Message
Like the rest of the world, the staff and board of NF Midwest has been busy understanding and planning for what may be months or more with COVID19. In these uncertain times the one thing we know for certain is that we must be there for one another. NF Midwest’s motto is that No One Fights Alone and we will continue to support the NF Community in any way we can.
Here are some of the changes we’ve implemented:
1) Our May Great Steps Walks4NF in Columbia, MO and Madison, WI have been cancelled and are being rescheduled. Madison will be September 12th at the Capitol Brewery and Columbia is TBD.
2) We don’t currently have plans to move the June 6th Naperville event, but this is a possibility.
3) We ask that people continue to raise funds and awareness for the walks or through other events (fun virtual events are something to consider). Donating will be a difficulty for many so we want to be very understanding of that, however there are people who will still want to support the cause during this difficult time.
4) Our small staff will be at the office only to stop in from time to time, however we can still be reached at 630-945-3562. Calls will forward to us. Please, call if you need ANYTHING, even just to talk.
5) If you are in our region, please join our private Facebook group here. This will be the best and fastest way for us all to stay in touch and share news. While we need to remain physically distant, we don’t have to really be socially distant. If you’re not in our region and can’t find local NF support, we will allow you to join the group. Everyone must also sign up at www.nfmidwest.org/contact if you are not already signed up with us.
6) We have been in touch with some of the NF clinics and they are limiting appointments. If you have something that you are concerned about and can’t contact the doctor, we do have some back channels and can help you connect if needed. Don’t hesitate to contact us. If you need to you can call Diana directly at 630-945-3562 extension 2.
7) We will be not be sending our materials or merchandise at this time.
Our thoughts are with everyone. We’re a tough community and we will get through this. To everyone in health care, we’re thinking of you and thanking you in every thought and prayer. Thank you also to those who continue to work in other industries. You are vital to this battle as well.
We wish you all good health during this time. Take the CDC recommended precautions and be vigilant about clean hands and surfaces. We are in this together and we must remember to treat each other with love and respect.