2018 Scholarship Applications Now Being Taken
If you’re a post high school student with neurofibromatosis or schwannomatosis, and you live in NF Midwest’s service region of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and the eastern half of Missouri (or have actively participated in NF Midwest even though you aren’t in our region) you are eligible to APPLY for a $1,000 academic scholarship from NF Midwest. Recipients will be awarded based on the selection process below.
2018 will mark the fourth year of NF Midwest’s scholarship program. This program was established with funds donated by the Napolilli family, but because of the high demand for these scholarships, we need donors to continue funding this program. To date, we have provided scholarships to thirty-one very deserving young people!
These $1,000 scholarships are awarded once per student and may be used continuing undergraduate (Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Vocational) or graduate school on a full or part-time basis at an accredited, US-based institution.
In selecting applicants, the NF Midwest Scholarship Committee takes into consideration each applicant’s academic record, character, involvement in community service, including any NF-related activities, and evidence of determination and persistence through difficulties, including those related to life with neurofibromatosis. Selection process:
- Applications undergo an initial review to ensure that all the information requested has been submitted by the deadline. If information is missing, we will contact applicants and ask them to send the additional documents.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the committee on the basis of criteria met and numbers of scholarships available.
Applications are available now and are due no later than April 15th, 2018. With an application, each applicant must include:
- A letter from a physician certifying the applicant’s NF diagnosis
- A personal statement – see application for prompt
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, mentor, etc.
- An official high school transcript and acceptance letter or confirmation of enrollment from your chosen college, OR an official college transcript for those already enrolled.
Questions? Please give us a call at (630) 945-3562 or send us an email at .