2017 Scholarship Applications Now Being Taken
Are you a student with NF who will be taking college courses in the fall of 2017? This could be you!
“The scholarship that I have received has started me on the best possible foot this semester that I could have ever hoped for! I have more time than ever now to devote to school, service, and staying healthy, and for that I will always be grateful.” – 2016 NF Midwest Scholarship Recipient Erik Geiman
NF Midwest is proud to announce the continuation of our scholarship program in 2017. Established in 2015 with funds donated by the Napolilli family, the program offers one time $1,000 scholarships to students pursuing undergraduate or vocational programs of study. To date, we have provided scholarships to nineteen very deserving young people!
To qualify, students must have an NF diagnosis, be entering or continuing undergraduate (Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Vocational) school on a full or part-time basis at an accredited, US-based institution, and live in NF Midwest’s service region. Our region includes: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and eastern Missouri.
In selecting applicants, the NF Midwest Scholarship Committee takes into consideration each applicant’s academic record, character, involvement in community service, including any NF-related activities, and evidence of determination and persistence through difficulties, including those related to life with neurofibromatosis. Selection process:
- Applications undergo an initial review to ensure that all the information requested has been submitted within the deadline. If information is missing, we will contact applicants and ask them to send the additional documents.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the committee on the basis of criteria met and numbers of scholarships available.
Applications are available now, and are due no later than April 30th, 2017. With an application, each applicant must include:
- A letter from a physician certifying the applicant’s NF diagnosis
- A personal statement – see application for prompt
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, mentor, etc.
- An official high school transcript and acceptance letter or confirmation of enrollment from your chosen college, OR an official college transcript for those already enrolled.
Questions? Please give us a call at (630) 945-3562 or send us an email at .