Make a 5K, 10K or even a marathon your outlet for fighting NF!
Currently, NF Midwest does not have a formal run program, but anyone can Run4NF and raise funds and awareness for NF Midwest and the neurofibromatosis cause. If you choose a run or endurance event, NF Midwest will support you in your efforts! Just give us a call or email.
It’s amazing how much your friends, family, co-workers and businesses will support you in reaching your fundraising goals! NF Midwest is here to help you along the way with great tips and ideas to boost your fundraising efforts. You’ve got the drive and commitment – now all you have to do is run!
Top 5 Reasons to Run4NF
- Motivation. When you’re considering skipping a 5 am training or the 15 mile Sunday run, focus on how much you are helping someone with NF.
- Make a difference. Your fundraising helps fund NF research, clinical trials, education and kids programs.
- Honor someone with NF. Be a super-hero to that special someone in your life that is affected.
- NF Midwest’s help. Get an NF singlet, fundraising ideas and recognition for all your efforts.
- Feel good. It just feels good to know that you are helping NF families.
Run for health, run for competition, run for fun, Run4NF!
Your enthusiasm for running can benefit the NF community. Every type of run gives you the opportunity to raise funds for NF Midwest, whether it’s the Chicago Marathon or a local 5k or 10k in your hometown. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Pick your run. Races of various levels are happening all the time – marathons, half marathons, triathlons, 5Ks and mud runs. Check your local paper or the internet for one that interests you. If you are looking for a challenge and up for the training, pick one like the Chicago Marathon. If you are looking for a 5k, most likely there’s one in your area almost every weekend in the spring, summer and fall months. “Fun runs” are also great events that are more about the fun than competition.
- Ask for donations. Tell everyone you know that you are running for NF. Ask them to make a donation to help you reach and exceed your goal.
- Run4NF. All of your running, before and on race day, will make a difference to families affected by NF. When you Run4NF, every mile brings us closer to a cure.